Did you know?
People with treatment resistant depression are more likely to suffer injury or death than those who are well treated for their depression. A study from the Journal of Affective disorders showed that patients with treatment resistant depression have a 35% higher rate of death from all causes. The biggest difference being from accidents and self-injury. This finding is not surprising, but it highlights the need for these individuals to seek immediate help and try new therapies to control their symptoms.
Those labeled with the diagnosis of treatment resistant depression often feel despair about their diagnosis and treatment options. This is where Ketamine infusion therapy for depression is most helpful. Virginia Infusion Therapies provides IV Ketamine infusion therapy to help with treatment resistant depression. Approximately 70% of patients will have temporary relief of their symptoms after the first dose. Longer lasting symptom improvement is found after loading dose treatment and with maintenance therapy.
If you wish to find more information about Ketamine infusions at Virginia Infusion Therapies, fill out the information below and one of our providers will contact you shortly
To the World Health Organization (WHO), depression is the most common medical illness in the world and is the leading cause of disability. The WHO estimates that about 350 million people worldwide are affected by depression. Depression is characterized by feelings of sadness and a loss of interest or pleasure in daily activities. You might say that these are symptoms familiar to all of us; but, medical depression is a not necessarily an expression of mood, it’s roots lie in the biology of neurotransmitters in your brain that make those feelings more severe and persistent.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), 7.6 percent of people over the age of 12 have depression in any 2-week period. This is substantial and shows the scale of the issue.
Facts about Depression :
- Depression is more common in women
- The main symptom is persistent feelings of sadness and loss of pleasure in activities and things that would normally give you pleasure
- Symptoms of depression last on average 6 to 8 months
- The causes of depression are not fully understood but are likely to be a complex combination of genetic, biological, environmental, and psychosocial factors.
Get a Free Consultation Today
- Can Ketamine Infusion Therapy Help Ease the Pain of Fibromyalgia?March 9, 2023/0 Comments
- How Ketamine Helps Smokers Kick The HabitJanuary 10, 2023/